CCMP Capital is a global private equity firm that specializes in buyout and growth equity investments in North America and Europe. CCMP stands for;
M-Manufacturers Hanover Capital/J.P Morgan
They partner with management teams and then leverage combined strengths for their proprietary operating resources and deep industry expertise to ensure company growth and operational efficiency.
CCMP started its operations as a single firm in August, 2006. The main goal of CCMP is to make buyout and growth equity investments in Europe and North America. The firm usually invests $100 to $500 million for each transaction for companies ranging from $250 to $2 billion in size. This is because of the following reasons;
• To facilitate development of growing businesses.
• To equitize over levered capital structures
• To make public companies private
• Ensure management buyouts and corporate carve-outs.
• Provide Estate diversification solutions to founder-owned businesses
Stephen P. Murray, The former President and Chief executive officer passed away on the 12th of March 2015 according to the Wall Street Journal. He was a founding partner of CCMP, which was part of JP Morgan Chase and Co. Murray grew up in a New York City suburb (Winchester County). He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the Boston College. He also got a Master of Business Administration from Columbia University (New York). Murray’s career started in 1984 when he became part of the analyst training program at manufacturers Hanover Corporation. He joined MH Equity Corporation in 1989(It combined Manufactures Hanover’s private equity group with its leveraged finance unit).In 1991, Manufactureres Hanover was purchased by Chemical Bank and MH equity merged with Chemical Ventures Partners. Stephen Murray CCMP Capital became head of buyout business in 2005 and in 2007 he was named the CEO. He served in the board of various companies like Pinnacle foods, Warner Chilcott and Aramark. Other than all these, Murray was a known philanthropist and in that capacity he supported the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Metro New York and Boston College among others.
Stephen Murray CCMP Capital’s expertise is mainly due to their significant transaction experience in their four targeted areas. They have invested in these industries for many years and that includes multiple industry business cycles and widely varying market conditions.
Their operating professionals collaborate with the management of each portfolio company to design and support the execution of detailed value creation plans that are;
* Increasing asset and resource utilization to increase cash flow
* Implementing sector-specific revenue-generating or cost-reduction techniques
* Having the best practices within a given sector
CCMP Capital’s proprietary operating resources include;
* Greg Brenneman- Business transformation
* Doug Cahill –consumer/retail and industrial
* Richard Zannino- consumer retail
* Bob Toth –industrial and chemicals